Best Beach Vacation Spots in Florida - Top Places Not to Miss
Miles of pristine powdery sandy beaches fringed with palm trees, plenty of beach umbrellas waiting to serve, the flip-flop deprived feet tapping the crystal clear water, and a perfect tropical ambiance – this is a usual beach vacation setting in Florida. The Sunshine State is blessed with 1,200 miles of immaculate coastline. Thanks to the presence of the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean that give birth to the best beach vacation spots in Florida.
Top 12 Best Beach Vacation Spots in Florida
- Destin: One of the state’s most affordable beach towns, Destin draws beach lovers who want to not only explore the gorgeous Gulf of Mexico beaches but also play at the award-winning golf courses. Families in large numbers flock to this northwest city in the hope of wandering around the popular stretches of sand, such as Crystal Beach and June White Park in a laid-back ambiance. If you are traveling with a large group consisting of more than 30 people and wish to stay right on the beach, book Destin vacation home rentals. Spend the day at the beach spotting dolphins, critters, and sea turtles, and in the evening, return to your beach abode.
- Sanibel Island: A quieter and calmer place, Sanibel Island welcomes nature admirers and offers them a plethora of things to do. Shelling is a favorite pastime activity for locals.
- Clearwater Beach: A few steps off the shore are located family-friendly Clearwater Beach condo rentals. You get to enjoy the gentle water, white sand, and a plethora of water-related activities such as swimming. Biking, lounging, playing volleyball, and walking are other prominent activities.
- Panama City Beach: Envisage a perfect Florida beach vacation with plenty of sunshine, thrilling activities, secluded beach areas, plenty of thrilling water sports, and wildlife. Panama City Beach has all the ingredients that a beach enthusiast could ask for. Two of its popular state parks – Camp Helen State Park and St. Andrews State Park – appeal families keen on picnicking and catching shells at the Shell Island. Spring, fall, and summer see shuttles operating to the island.
- Vero Beach: Look no beyond Vero Beach for a relaxing beach getaway in the Sunshine State of Florida. Vero Beach is known for its family-friendly shores, offering playgrounds to sand volleyball courts to outdoor showers. Grab a sandwich and resort to the serene Jaycee Beach Park.
- Amelia Island: This secluded beach paradise is located thirty miles northeast of Jacksonville. You will have 13 miles of beach access that also includes Amelia Island State Park, which is famed for horseback riding. Main Beach Park features volleyball courts, picnic tables, a playground, and an outdoor skate park.
- St. Petersburg: St. Petersburg is perfect for those souls who want a slice of both the worlds – an urban cityscape and a relaxing shoreline. Travelers to this beach paradise won’t feel disconnected. Adventure enthusiasts would love to try out kiteboarding, parasailing, and windsurfing.
- Cocoa Beach: What makes Cocoa Beach an enchanting beach getaway is its proximity to the Theme Park Capital of the World – Orlando. Besides, Cocoa Beach takes in its world-renowned waves. Surfers and families with kids throng on the beach in large numbers. Ron Surf Shop is the largest surf shop in the world.
- Naples: Your beach vacation to Florida is incomplete without staying at beachfront Naples condo rentals. Overflowing boutique shops, gourmet restaurants, luxury accommodations, stunning sunsets, wildlife, and much more, there isn’t a single reason why Naples shouldn’t be on your bucket list.
- St. Augustine: Steeped in rich history, St. Augustine, the oldest city in the United States of America, has two beautiful beaches within its city limits. The sandy shores make sure you are busy trying kayaking and shelling. Bird-watching is famous at Anastasia State Park.
- Key West: The best way to taste the Keys is to vacation in Key West. Miami to Key West is considered the most iconic road trip in the state. The little beach retreat will surprise you with its laid-back bars and exciting festivals. Smathers Beach is just amazing as it gets crowds that disperse into everywhere.
- Pensacola: Perched nicely on the Florida Panhandle, overlooking the splendid Gulf of Mexico, Pensacola brags about its not just military base but idyllic beaches. Sea turtle and dolphins sightings, calm waters, and lavish Pensacola villa rentals are to be held responsible for awesome beach vacations in the city. Apart from Pensacola Beach, families will access umpteen amenities at Perdido Key State Park. When you have enough of beach activities, three historical forts are waiting for you.