Best Restaurants in Tallahassee – Places to Eat in Tallahassee
A perennial summer destination, Florida has impressed visitors comprising not only families but also foodies. Yes, foodies! Each city and countryside of the Sunshine State has unique food habits. If you head to Tallahassee, you will discover more eclectic, more delicious, and more unique food scene. With a reputation for being a premier college town in the state, Tally, as Tallahassee is fondly called, never shies away from surprising its young people with an impressive cuisine. Here in this article, we will be talking about the best restaurants in Tallahassee. Check these popular places to eat in Tallahassee that will surely satisfy any culinary craving.
10 Best Restaurants in Tallahassee – Quench Your Culinary Desire
Those flying down to Florida just to savor the delectable variety of foods will surely be blown away by an array of unique places to eat in Tallahassee. From upscale and elegant restaurants to hole-in-the-wall local eateries, you will pleasantly be surprised by the choices – artsy, funky, locally-sourced, and organic. Love great food? Tallahassee’s overwhelming dining scene will intrigue most tastily.
- Dinner at This Family Owned - Bella Bella: For over 14 years, Bella Bella has efficiently been serving locals and visitors alike with a myriad of delicious cuisines. This family-owned and operated Italian restaurant exudes a low-frill, modern yet classic vibe with dim lighting and fish tanks. The eatery is open six days a week –
- Monday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Tuesday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Wednesday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Thursday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Friday: 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Saturday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Special: Italian fare, cocktails, and craft beers served up in funky digs with outdoor seating.
- Taste the Difference at 101 Restaurant: Offering a mixture of a big city style and flawless southern hospitality, 101 Restaurant is known for its uniqueness. 101 Restaurant puts efforts to bring something that its guests or customers have never experienced before. Mostly thronged by celebrities like professors, lawmakers, FSU athletes, lobbyists, and journalists to sample the mouthwatering All-American menu for dinner and lunch.
Special: Happy-hour specials, late-night hours, live music, and Kleman Plaza establishment with American eats.
- The Seafood Restaurant - Front Porch: Any seafood lovers? The Front Porch is the finest seafood restaurant in Tally. This is the best place to relish the freshest and delicious seafood in Tallahassee. The Front Porch will capture your senses in no time.
Special: A cozy and serene place to dine scrumptious seafood in Tally.
- Miccosukee Root Cellar: Miccosukee Root Cellar is Tally’s best-kept secret cuisine secrets. Eat here and get surrounded by exposed wood and dim lighting.
- For a Perfect Mexican Meal, Try El Jalisco: Today, El Jalisco is pervaded in seven (7) places across Northern Florida. The chef at El Jalisco believes in preparing dishes made with fresh ingredients, hence offering nothing short of authentic. The shrimp a la diabla (cooked in hot salsa and served with rice and beans) or the Guadalajara platter (consists of chile relleno with one cheese quesadilla and beef).
Special: No one knows Tequila as we do at El Jalisco.
- Cypress Restaurant: Cypress Restaurant is recognized for organic produce, in-house fresh meats, and fresh seafood. Then there is an extensive bar for you. Come here for the special brunch – the eggs Benedict and mimosas. This is an elegant Southern regional-style eatery nestled in a casual, metropolitan setting. The restaurant is open six days a week –
- Monday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Tuesday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Wednesday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Thursday: 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Friday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Saturday: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Special: Restaurant, café, bar, American, Contemporary, and Gluten-free!
- For Quintessential Southern Dining, Visit Jim & Milt’s Bar-B-Q: If you want your event to be catered by the best BBQ restaurant in Tally, look no beyond Jim & Milt’s Bar-B-Q. They will customize your order and only bring goodness. The restaurant is open seven days a week –
- Sunday: 7:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Monday: 6:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Tuesday: 6:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Wednesday: 6:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Thursday: 6:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Friday: 6:30 am - 10:00 pm
- Saturday: 7:30 am - 10:00 pm
Special: Staple menu items include fried okra, fried corn on the cob, Yankee BBQ sandwich, country fried steak, and coleslaw.
- Kool Beanz Café: Here, you are going to have amazing meals – funky and eclectic. Kool Beanz Café is known for offering a superb dining experience. The restaurant timings are –
- Sunday: 10:30 am - 2:00 pm
- Monday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Tuesday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Wednesday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Thursday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Friday: 11:00 am - 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
- Saturday: 5:30 pm - 10:00 pm
Special: Eat, drink, and talk loud because you are amongst friends.
- Gorge on Sushi at Masa: Just stumbled upon one review on Facebook that reads, “Masa has wonderful food, even for vegetarians. The new location is beautiful and the parking situation is much better than before. Eating on the outside deck is very nice, especially since smoking is not allowed”.
Special: Whether you are a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian, Masa will surely pamper your taste buds.
- Visit with Family for the Taste of Mediterranean Cuisine - Pitaria: The ethnic restaurant serves the gourmet Greek and Middle Eastern fare. Come with family for a hearty lunch and order the gyro royal combo – hummus, a gyro wrap, Greek fries, and tea. Don’t miss out on kabob platter. It comes with hummus, couscous, lentils, rice, baklava, and a Greek salad.