The 10 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Pensacola, Florida
Thirteen miles from Alabama border lies this beautiful westernmost city of Pensacola in the Florida Panhandle. A busy seaport, Pensacola is well-known for its pristine shoreline popular with romantic lovers. However, the area is a fun spot for people who love outdoor recreation. Wondering what other places that the westernmost city is famous for? Read on to find the 10 top-rated tourist attractions in Pensacola, which can be explored from the gorgeous Pensacola vacation rentals.
Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Pensacola – Best Things to Do
- Florida Welcome Center: The Florida Welcome Center, nestled off just interstate 10 outside of town, is a one-stop resource for planning a perfect Sunshine State vacation. It further flaunts a clean ‘Welcome to Florida’ sign, clean bathrooms, and a historic navy jet. If you are planning a visit to Florida, you know what to do.
- Naval Museum: Ever wondered what it feels like when in space? Formerly known as the Naval Aviation Museum and the National Museum of Naval Aviation, the National Naval Aviation Museum is a military and aerospace museum at Naval Air Station Pensacola. It has more than 150 restored aircraft, which can be accessed daily for free.
- Pensacola Lighthouse and Museum: If you could climb 177 steps up the soaring Pensacola Lighthouse, you are guaranteed the most outstanding views of the Gulf Coast. Located on onboard Naval Air Station Pensacola, it is the place for maritime history. The lighthouse was established in 1859. It is open daily between 9 am and 5 pm. The last entry is at 4:40 pm.
- Palafox Market: Downtown Pensacola has a plethora of amazing things stored in just for you, and it is said that a trip to Pensacola is never complete without visiting its downtown. Palafox Market is where open-air meets fine arts, baked goods, and more.
- Historic Pensacola Village: Isn’t it a great way to introduce your kid to the rich history of Pensacola? Well, books cannot provide all the knowledge and you got to agree when you visit the Historic Pensacola Village. This beautiful place features a multicultural center, plenty of historic homes, and a church. Moreover, your kid will be given guided tours by the village staff. Isn’t it just awesome?
- Bayview Park: Search Florida Rentals’ Pensacola Beach villa rentals are scattered throughout the city. This means you won’t face any difficulty finding an ideal stay near Bayview Park – a great place for families to break out the picnic basket.
- Bands on the Beach: Conjure up images of waves hitting the shores while you are immersed in melodious music. Bands on the Beach, the city’s most popular outdoor summer concert series featuring top regional performers/ artists, leaves no stone unturned to please all musical tastes. From the first Tuesday in April to the last Tuesday in October, Bands on the Beach has various shows performed by artists in diverse musical styles and genres.
- Pensacola Museum of Art: Housed in Pensacola’s old jailhouse, the museum is home to an ever-growing assortment of exquisite contemporary art. It is located on the campus of the University of West Florida.
- Pensacola Beach: Where are you all beach lovers? Aren’t you all thrilled to see the white sandy pristine beach well-complemented by the turquoise water? Calmer and warmer waters are one of the few reasons Pensacola Beach is so popular with beach lovers. Enjoy a lazy after in the laid-back vibe paired with stunning views and many beach recreation options. Eateries, galleries, shops, and a beautiful boardwalk can easily be accessed from Pensacola Beach condo rentals.
- Fort Barrancas: The structures of Fort Barrancas were constructed in the mid-nineteenth century. Perched on Taylor Road in Gulf Islands National Seashore, it played an important role in protecting and defending not only the coastline but its nearby settlements during the Civil War. You may opt for self-guided tours.
Are you a first-timer in Pensacola, Florida? You know where to visit now.