Best Outdoor Activities in Florida for Kids and Other Members of Your Family
No other destination strikes in mind other than the Sunshine State of Florida not just for the sun-drenched beaches but for its kid-friendly attractions and activities. The Theme Park Capital of the World, Orlando itself hosts more than a hundred of thrilling activities. Then the vibrant cities of Miami, Keys, and Tallahassee – the list goes on. We compile a list of the best outdoor activities in Florida for kids so that you don’t have to look here and there.
Traveling with kids is super-fun, isn’t it? The super-tiny tots are the reasons that you stay relaxed after a hectic day at work. They relieve the stress level up to a great extent. So you must spend some time with them; thus, planning a vacation in Florida with the family is probably the best thing you can do.
8 Best Outdoor Activities in Florida for Kids That You Can Enjoy on a Shoestring Budget
From seafood shacks to charming little streets, from sandy beaches to Disney World, and from NASA to safaris, Florida will make sure your little ones never run short of outdoor fun activities.
- Watch Mermaid Shows at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park: The state park in Spring Hill is one of the highly recommended places for young children. A short drive from your Florida villa rental by owner is located Weeki Wachee Springs State Park, which is known for mermaid shows. The slides at Buccaneer Bay will intrigue kids. The well-developed park has plenty of fun things for the other members of your family, too. They can indulge in outdoor activities like kayaking, snorkeling, and swimming.
- A Day Under Shades Hammocks and Wetlands at Ichetucknee Springs State Park: Amongst the most popular activities at Ichetucknee Springs State Park, your little ones may choose hiking, swimming, and wildlife viewing. You will relish the beautiful sight of your champ floating under the lush live oak and cypress trees. The park is also known for housing egrets, wild turkeys, turtles, and otters. Tubing is a great way to spend a day at the park here. The crystal clear water is pretty irresistible.
- Witness Pier 60 Sunset Celebration at Clearwater Beach: We don’t know about your kids going crazy on the sugary-white beach, but we are sure that all of you will have a great time witnessing free nightly events at Pier 60. Every evening, Pier 60 hosts Sunset Celebration – all kinds of people come and soak in the brilliant sunset hues. The pier is dotted with shops and restaurants with musicians and street performers taking the game upon them.
- Visit a Subtropical Zoo Miami: We would never recommend overlooking Zoo Miami. The only subtropical zoo in the country, Zoo Miami boasts several varieties of species including gorillas, crocs, elephants, hippos, vipers, rhinos, and more. It has more than 3,000 animals. Zoo Miami also enthralls kids with various exhibits. The zoo is quite massive and occupies about 750 acres.
- Flamingo Park: When in Miami, visit Flamingo Park. Modern families with kids will have a great time exploring this 30-acre park. The lovely park takes pride in its slides, water mushroom, kids’ splash area, and more.
- Rule over Tampa Bay on a Rented Bike: If you are kids are a little bigger that you don’t need to hold their hands and walk; you may like the idea of riding bikes on Tampa Bay together. When we say a bike, it means a water bike. It can be interesting. Vacationers who haven’t tried water biking yet, where else would you go?
- Rides at LEGOLAND: Meet life-size LEGO people, splash water in the water park, enjoy rides, spend some time in the botanical gardens, and look for more kid-friendly attractions – LEGOLAND is full of life. One of the most sought-after kid-friendly attractions in Florida, LEGOLAND continues to impress families for years. Book a family-friendly condo and enjoy your morning coffee before visiting with your gang.
- Lion Country Safari in Palm Beach County: Love adventure? If yes, it is going to be a memorable trip with the family. This is the only drive-through safari in Florida that allows you to get up-close with more than 1,000 animals. The vehicle can take you to the grasslands where you may touch zebras and giraffes through the windows. Since you are here for the lion safari, there are plenty in the sight.
We will be adding up a few more amazing outdoor activities in Florida for kids in this article.