Top 10 Most Popular Winter Destinations in Florida, U.S.
Winter in the USA is fantastic – you have the coldest places to visit for snow, while there are places known for exuding warmness and pleasant sunshine. Whether you want to be enchanted by winter’s first snowfall or wish to give a miss to the frigid temperatures, the United States of America has got you well-covered. One of its amazing winter destinations is Florida, the south-easternmost state. Well-known as the Sunshine State, Florida boasts endless sunshine, cooler weather, and countless activities. Spend the vacation soaking up the sun, savoring great meals, and enjoying local life by participating in many winter festivals – scroll down for the best winter destinations in Florida.
Top Winter Destinations in Florida – Best 10
This winter, don’t be lazy. We bring to you some of the most popular winter hotspots in Florida. Dreamy beaches, outdoor adventures, or fairs and festivals, you get them all in the beautiful city of Florida. Take a look –
- Key West: The Florida Keys archipelago is made up of 1,700 islands, and West Key is one of them. A popular vacation hotspot, Key West is gaining popularity as a winter vacation destination for its amazing laid-back tropical vibes. Winter is absolutely an excellent time to visit when the temperatures hover around the 70s. Book a Key West vacation condo to relax in a cool ocean breeze. History and literary lovers will be bemused with the Fort Taylor Historic Park and the Ernest Hemingway Home, while nature enthusiasts will love spending time at Dry Tortugas National Park.
- Siesta Key: “Why should Siesta Key be on your travel bucket list for a winter vacation in Florida”? While the northern parts are shivering in cold waves, Florida has its unique way of enjoying winter. While residents are well-aware of how enjoyable winter is, Florida sees an influx of visitors from various parts to immerse in the white sand and crystal water. Winter in Siesta Key is dry – rain is scarce and you get comfortable warmth under clear skies.
- Daytona Beach: After Siesta Beach, we have got Daytona Beach for you. Here, you get to witness the famous Daytona International Speedway. A winter vacation in Daytona Beach conjures up the images of morning beach strolls, outdoor exploration, and afternoon kayaking. Amongst other popular activities to do in winter in Daytona Beach are visiting art galleries, diving headfirst into adventure, and catching some live performances.
- Orlando: If you are in Florida in winter, we recommend you visiting Orlando. This is the time when deals are really cheap and you get to enjoy every bit of Disney World, Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld, and Universal Studios. The lines are shorter, and most Orlando vacation rentals are easily available at pocket-friendly rates.
- Palm Beach: Palm Beach has plenty of things in store for you. A winter vacation in Palm Beach promises a plethora of outdoor recreational activities, ranging from roaming around the beach to trying hands at a game of golf and enjoying a hot bath at one of the most sought-after Palm Beach vacation condo rentals. Vacation rentals from Search Florida Rentals showcase luxury amenities including hot tub and pool (heated). Palm Beach enjoys temperatures up to 70s and 80s F. If it’s snowy in your area, come try snorkeling in Palm Beach.
- Miami: The best way to treat winter blues is sunshine. And guess what? You are in Miami, home to miles of stunning beaches. South Beach is one of the topnotch beach party destinations in the city. The Miami Seaquarium, Jungle Island, Zoo Miami, etc. are the places that host animal lovers. When in Miami, don’t miss out on its famous festivals. Miami Beach Winter Party Festival is a popular gay party celebrated in South Beach. It entices thousands of LGBTQ jet-setters and sun-worshipers.
- Sarasota: White sandy beaches, crystal clear turquoise waters, luxury shopping, and fine dining – when in Sarasota, winter is definitely not freezing in cold. The city of Sarasota encompasses prominent areas, such as Longboat Key, Siesta Key, and Lido Key, thus assuring numerous cultural attractions with awe-inspiring barrier islands. When asked if they know any of these phrases like “gotta step out to defrost my car” or “thundersnow”, locals not just denied but made fun of this. They don’t know what all those meant because “winter is your new favorite season in Sarasota”.
- Captiva Island: “Sunset cruise in winter? Have you lost it” – No, your parents are not going to say this in Captiva Island. This is a perfect place to enjoy a sunset cruise and further partake in activities like dolphin watching, birding, sailing, and biking. Come back from the cruise only to have a romantic dinner with your love before you crash into your cozy bedroom.
- Fort Lauderdale: Famed as the best Spring Break destination in Florida, Fort Lauderdale has been named as one of the most amazing winter vacation destinations. Here, you get to enjoy a sunny vacation. And the warm climate is the biggest draw in winter. The tropical paradise also flaunts restaurants, winter events, and tropical climate.
- St. Augustine: Dotted with historic sites, St. Augustine is gaining popularity as a prominent winter destination. From December through February/ March, the city is thronged by visitors in huge numbers. Romantic couples can take a stroll along the 450-year-old cobblestone streets through quaint cafes, haunted ghost tours, and historic landmarks.