8 Fantastic Ways to Enjoy a Marathon Vacation in Florida
Build sandcastles with your little ones, bask in the sun on the sandy beaches, splash the waters in the calm waters, and explore colorful barrier reefs. Visitors to the islands of Marathon are blessed with plenty of nature and wondrous natural beauty. Holidaymakers can view sea turtles at the Turtle Hospital, swim with dolphins at the Dolphin Research Center, feed stingrays at Aquarium Encounters, and have a great time with near and dear ones at Crane Point Hammock and Curry Hammock State Parks. With so many things to see and do, we have compiled 8 fantastic ways to enjoy a Marathon vacation.
8 Ways to Enjoy a Marathon Vacation
The Sunshine State of Florida is recognized for more than 300 days bright sunshine, world-class theme parks like Walt Disney World and Universal Studio, and the famous Kennedy Space Center. If you are fascinated with extensive roads promising awe-striking road trips, Marathon should be your go-to-destination embracing your bucket list right away.
Popular Things to Do in Marathon
- The Underwater Magic: One of the world’s most sought-after destinations to go underwater, Marathon has several spots where you may like to take snorkeling trips. For adventure lovers wanting an adrenaline rush, the city has great places. Captain Pip’s Marina & Hideaway offers underwater trips to discover Sombrero Reef, the world’s third-largest barrier reef.
- Take Part in a Seafood Festival: Yes, Marathon is known for offering delicious seafood. It hosts various seafood festivals throughout the year. The Original Marathon Seafood Festival will offer lobster tails, fish, stone crab, and shrimp.
- Go Island Hopping: Marathon is comprised of 13 islands. Rent a car and go island hopping.
- It’s a Dolphin Day in Marathon: From kissing the super-gentle animals to swimming with dolphins, the Dolphin Research Center lets you play with sea creatures.
- Rent a Boat and Embark on Clear Blue Waters: What better way to conquer the still waters than renting and rowing your boat? Adventure enthusiasts may like to take the challenge and rent out diving and snorkeling equipment to take a plunge. Opt for a boat with restaurants so that you could enjoy a romantic dinner with your bae.
- Sunsets in Marathon Are Breathtaking: Want to propose your date? Head to Marathon, grab an oceanfront table with sunset in the backdrop. Or, you may like to rent a boat and spend some quality time in the while savoring the great views.
- Explore Crane Point: Had a great sleep at Marathon vacation rentals and now looking for some activities for the whole family? Consider Crane Point! It has a plethora of things to do, flaunting a natural history museum, a bird rescue center, marine touch tanks, and plenty of nature trails for hiking.
- Drive over Seven Miles Bridge: Been part of several movie scenes and TV series, including, Mission Impossible III, 2 Fast 2 Furious, True Lies, Kill, and The Haunted Mansion, the Seven Miles Bridge will surely captivate you.