10 Best Places to Visit in Florida – Top Tourist Attractions
Traveling to Florida? Traveling with kids? Looking for kid-friendly places in Florida? Here in this blog, we give you a complete list of the best places to visit in Florida that would surely fascinate both frequent travelers and first-timers.
Best Places to Visit in Florida for Families
From the world-class entertainment complexes to the quaint beachfront hamlets, the south-easternmost state of Florida manages to keep families, nature lovers, adventure enthusiasts, and kids completely engaged in a wide range of exciting activities.
- Orlando: Home to internationally famed entertainment complexes and theme parks, Orlando remains the most sought after vacation destination in the Sunshine State of Florida. The city has a plethora of the best things to do. Families from different corners of the country descend in large numbers.
Best Time to Visit Orlando: March through May enjoys the most pleasant weather, hence is the best time to visit Orlando.
- Naples: The gorgeous beaches of Naples are the major crowd-puller ingredients in the city. Set in southwest Florida, Naples is also recognized for golf courses and high-end shopping. The Naples Pier is the striking attraction built-in 1888. Today, it is a popular fishing hotspot. Tourists throng in huge numbers to spot dolphins, thus becoming the city’s symbol.
Best Time to Visit Naples: Between March and May
- Tampa: Busch Gardens, Museum of Science and Industry, Tampa Zoo at Lowry Park, Henry B Plant Museum, Florida Aquarium, Big Cat Rescue, Glazer Children’s Museum, and Tampa Theatre are to name some of the best places to visit in Tampa. The city sits right on an inlet on the west coast of Florida. Tampa is more famous with families younger kids.
Best Time to Visit Tampa: September to December
- Miami: Miami is vibrant. Miami is colorful. Miami is effervescent. A major American city, Miami, located in southern Florida, is one of the hippest cities in the country. It has glorious beaches that entice waterbugs and party animals from all walks of life. A thriving modern city, Miami encompasses an area of about 56 sq. miles between Biscayne Bay to the east and the Everglades to the west.
Best Time to Visit Miami: March through May
- Key West: Part of the Florida Keys archipelago, Key West is one of the most sought-after U.S. island cities lying roughly 90 miles north of Cuba. The island city features a perfect amalgamation of culture, history, and plenty of outdoor activities. If you are an Instagram-celebrity, be assured that your profile will look dazzling with breathtaking sunset photographs. Key West has been home to numerous prominent personalities (writers) such as Robert Frost, Ernest Hemingway, and Tennessee Williams.
Best Time to Visit Key West: Between March and May
- Daytona: If you are a die-hard speed lover, Daytona Beach is calling you. The Daytona 500 Nascar Race is the star attraction. It is held in February. Besides, Daytona is a popular spring break hot spot that draws students and teenagers in large numbers. During summer months, the Daytona Beach becomes the entertainment hub as the boardwalk gets packed with games, events, restaurants, rides, and the pier.
Best Time to Visit Daytona: Visit in February if you wish to witness the race. March through May is the best time to visit Daytona. Book Daytona vacation rentals in advance to stay in the central area.
- Walt Disney World: Arguably, the Walt Disney World Resort is the best theme park in the world. Also called Disney World, it is a world-class entertainment complex that sparks the imagination and innovation in kids. The lavish complex spreads over 27,000 acres and boasts everything to keep not just kids but adults fully engrossed. Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are the four important theme parks that ensure you have a whale of a time.
Best Time to Visit Walt Disney World: The Disney World is a year-round tourist destination that sees a huge influx of travelers from all around the world. Booking Orlando vacation rentals in advance will help you stay close to the park and enjoy every ride and show it has to offer.
- Kennedy Space Center: One of ten National Aeronautics and Space Administration field centers, the John F. Kennedy Space Center will lure kids with a special interest in science. If your child is a budding scientist, this is a must-visit place to visit from Florida vacation rentals. There is probably no better place to invoke a kid’s interest in outer space and rocket building.
Best Time to Visit Kennedy Space Center: Wouldn’t it be exciting to visit the Center when a launch is scheduled? But, you will expect bigger crowds.
- Universal Studios Orlando: If you had watched Harry Potter, you would wish to cast spells with a wand just like the protagonist did in the movie. Yeah? At Universal Studios Orlando, kids will witness how movies and shows are made. This is where your entire family will wholly be indulged in cutting-edge rides, various shows, and performances.
Best Time to Visit Universal Studios Orlando: Summer is the best time to visit Universal Studios Orlando. However, there isn’t a bad time to explore this Orlando attraction.
- Busch Gardens Tampa: Dotted with free attractions, flea markets, botanical gardens, and family-friendly attractions, Tampa is a magnificent place to visit. The city is located on the Gulf Coast of Florida. Busch Gardens Tampa is amongst the most popular Tampa attraction. It is operated by SeaWorld Entertainment and flaunts a number experiences including themed rides, shows, Serengeti Safari and Guided Adventure Tours, etc.
Best Time to Visit Busch Gardens Tampa: From February through April is considered the best time to explore Busch Gardens. September through mid-December is also a great time to visit the Gardens.