Best Golf Courses in Florida – Oceanfront, Greenery, & Verdant
For world-class golf players, Florida has long been a magnificent place. Its year-round beautiful climate plays a pivotal role along with sub-tropical settings in attracting many renowned players. The Sunshine State boasts more than 1,250 golf courses (many of them have public access). With the state becoming home to young, budding golfers, we have compiled a list of the best golf courses in Florida to set your skills.
10 Best Golf Courses in Florida That Every Golfer Would Love Playing Shots:
- Kelly Plantation Golf Club: Not only will you indulge striking the ball hard, but Kelly Plantation will ensure you are engrossed in its 900 acres of lush wetlands, walking trails, and fish and bird species. Kelly Plantation in Destin is an exclusive, gated community set along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay. This is an 18-hole championship golf course exquisitely crafted by Gene Bates and Fred Couples. Come along with your family, enjoy casual dining, and discover the great outdoors.
- Cooperhead Innisbrooke: This is an official 72-hole golf course drawing international crowd each year in March when the nationally televised PGA Tour competition is held. Located in Palm Harbor, northwest of Tampa in Florida, the Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club complex comprises four massive golf courses, three restaurants, spa, and conference facilities. All the golf courses have been designed by Larry Packard.
- Tiburón Golf Club: For an ultimate golf experience in Naples, Florida, golfers are encouraged to make their way to Tiburón Golf Club. Comes complete with two brilliant 18-hole courses – Black and Gold both designed by Greg Norman – Tiburón is consistently ranked amongst the top 20 golf facilities in Florida.
- Old Corkscrew Golf Club: At Old Corkscrew Golf Club, immerse yourself in the boundless natural splendors and admire the gorgeous beauty of the Sunshine State. #1 golf course in Southwest Florida (rated by Golf Magazine), Old Corkscrew is an 18-hole world-class championship golf course woven into a tapestry of pines, lakes, wetlands, oaks, and cypress trees. This has ultimately become a natural habitat for indigenous species including water birds, raccoons, tortoises, and alligators.
- Raven at Sandestin Golf: Before hitting the first shot, take in the verdant greenery, marvel at the breathtaking scenery, admire the tropical setting, and spend an afternoon with family. In 2006 and 2007, Raven Golf Club was home to the Boeing Championship. In 2014, Golfweek Magazine voted Raven Golf Club one of the “Best Courses You Can Play”. On every tee, you will see a perfect natural wonder offering plenty of exciting shot options.
- TPC at Sawgrass: TPC, also known as the Tournament Players Club, at Sawgrass, opened 39 years ago, is a golf course in the southeastern US. It has two separate courses – the Valley Course and the Stadium Course - which are easily accessible from Ponte Vedra Beach vacation rentals. The Stadium Course, designed to host the Players Championship, is one of the United States’ most difficult golf courses. The course has a stunning capacity of 36,000.
- Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort: Perched on a huge area, comprising 2,400 acres, Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort is a popular golf course resort, only a few miles from immaculate beaches. It has 4 award-winning courses for skilled and novice golfers.
- Pine Barrens at World Woods: Pine Barrens has derived its name from the many pine trees that embed the course and its length. It is sculpted by an expansive, sprawling pine forest with dramatic changes in elevation. The 5-star Pubic Golf Course is ranked #26 “Americas Best Modern Course” by Golf Week. You will love the course style that is often compared to the magnificent Pine Valley in New Jersey. Why not come here to challenge your and mental and physical aspects of the game.
- El Campeón at Mission Inn Resort & Club: One of the oldest courses (built-in 1917), El Campeon features elevation changes up to 85 ft. along the rolling fairways. The 18-hole golf course is surrounded by an abundance of natural beauty.
- Tranquilo Golf Club: Another famous golf course that can easily be accessed from Orlando vacation rentals, Tranquil Golf Club is an eighteen-hole golf course designed by Tom Fazio. Travelers looking for a tranquil escape are recommended this outstanding golf club. It is located along the impressive wetlands of Central Florida.
The best way to explore the state and discover the best golf courses in Florida is to stay at Florida vacation rentals. In the next article, we will cover the best vacation rentals to reach out to the best places for golf in Florida.