8 Best Foods to Try in Jacksonville – Top Restaurants and Dishes
Do you believe in word of mouth? If no, you will start believing in that because I’m going to share 8 best foods to try in Jacksonville as per locals. Jacksonville or Jax is a popular vacation destination for food lovers too. The city has a diverse variety of dining options. You can come across restaurants catering to your taste buds – from fine dining to low-key, from the fried chicken to the traditional Thai Rangous. If you are visiting the city and can’t wait to try its gourmet food habits, why not check these mouthwatering cuisines?
Best Foods to Try in Jacksonville – Must-try Foods to Eat in Jax
The culinary scene of Jacksonville is rich and diverse. Read on to find multiple restaurants near your Jacksonville vacation rentals.
- Seafood: Red Gill Bistro, The Blue Fish, Marker 32, JL Trent’s Seafood and Grill, Southern Charm, Julington Creek Fish Camp, Singleton’s Seafood Shack, St. Mary’s Seafood, Chowder Ted’s, and Clark’s Fish Camp are the most popular places to pamper your taste buds with mouthwatering seafood.
- Mexican: Every restaurant in Jacksonville that serves the Mexican food claims to offer authentic Mexican cuisine. It has a distinctive flavor, which makes it a popular cuisine in Jax. Margarita’s Mexican Grill is a popular dining spot in the city. Tequila’s Mexican Restaurant not only serves yummy food but at the best price. A few more eating options are Taco Libre, La Nopalera Mexican Restaurant, Los Loros Mexican Restaurant, Hola Mexican Restaurant, and Lola’s Burrito & Burger Joint.
- Steakhouse: Terra Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse is known for its great food and ambiance. Remains open 7 days a week for lunch and dinner, the restaurant is kind of everyone’s choice in the city. Ruth’s Chris Steak House is the new art of fine dining. The restaurant has earned rave reviews for its excellent service, delicious food, and varied options. Located in downtown Jacksonville’s Southbank Riverwalk, the Steak House boasts an innovative 3-course seasonal menu.
- Italian: The love for Italian foods in Jacksonville is increasing for sure. How do I say so? – It is because of the number of restaurants serving delectable Italian cuisines has doubled. Amongst the most renowned Italian restaurants in Jacksonville are Moon River Pizza, Carmines Pie House, Taverna, Maggiano’s Little Italy, Enza’s Italian Restaurant, Casa Dora Italian Café, Picasso’s, La Cena Ristorante, etc.
- Indian: If you love spicy foods, nothing could pamper your taste buds more than Indian dishes. With a huge influx of Indian visitors to Florida (particularly, Jacksonville), the city has settled down with several topnotch Indian eating joints. Some of the are India House, 5th Element, Masala Indian Cuisine, Zesty India, India’s Restaurant, Maa Kitchen, APNA Restaurant, and the Tent Hookah Lounge.
- Chinese: So, you prefer no-spicy food. Why not try Chinese for a change? The best places to eat Chinese food in Jax are Rice Bowl, PeonyAsian Bistro, Blue Bamboo, Timwah Dim Sum Restaurant, Panda Express, Pagoda Restaurant, China Work, Gree Tea, and the likes.
- Thai: Looking for the most sought-after Thai restaurants in Jacksonville? Visit Indochine Downtown for delicious Laab Chicken Salad, Soups, Calamari, Thai Beef Flank, Crispy Rools, Steamed Dumplings, Basil Duck, Sweet Curry Snapper, and Sea of Indochine. Blue Orchid Thai Cuisine is known for its mouthwatering Panang Curry, Yellow Curry, Happy Fish, Honey Duck, Chicken Fingers with French Fries, and Dynamite Chicken.
- Pizza: Undoubtedly, Jax has a bevy of wonderful eating points offering all kinds of cuisines. However, there are occasions when the glutton within demands the most vulnerable of great foods – pizza. Moon River Pizza, Your Pie, Blaze Pizza, Mellow Mushroom, Tony D’s New York Pizza, and V Pizza. For traditional pizza, Joseph’s Pizza exudes the best atmosphere and food. Here, pizzas are made in a double-baked thin-crust style and have got names of all the towns and cities in Italy.
Show Your Side of “Cook” – What Say?
If you are a certified cook and wish to take care of your better half when it comes to food, why not prepare yourself? Almost all Florida vacation rentals in Jacksonville come complete with modern kitchens. These kitchens are further equipped with stainless steel appliances.
Jacksonville Vacation Rentals to Make Best Home Away from Home
Budget travelers often prefer to eat at places that won’t break their pockets. However, booking vacation rentals can serve multiple purposes – luxury and affordability. Apart from modular kitchens, these rental properties make great choices for their strategic locations and other upscale facilities. Most vacation rentals are pet-friendly too.