11 Topnotch Destinations Where Retirees Find Ultimate Solace
“All work and no play make Jack a dull boy” – This statement is very true. But, what happens when a person is retired. He has all the time in the world. It is time he would seek destinations to relax and unwind worries. With more than 300 days sunshine, warm weather all through the year, dramatic landscape, pristine sandy beaches, state and national parks, famous museums, and plenty of historic sites, Florida, popularly known as the Sunshine State, is one of the most sought-after places where mature adults have a number of things to see and do, thus keeping them younger, fitter, and healthier.
11 Awesome Places That Are Ideal for Mature Adults
We have put together the topnotch hotspots for senior citizens in Florida. The list would surely fascinate you -
- Punta Gorda: Charming waterside shopping slots, stunningly renovated landmarks, awe-striking natural attractions, friendly community, and a relaxed lifestyle, Punta Gorda is a beautiful city to relax and make friends. Senior citizens would love to take a stroll along the Fishermen’s Village, Harbor, and the Gulf Coast fringed with gigantic royal palms. If time permits, visit Muscle Car City Museum, Punta Gorda Speedway, Octagon Wildlife Centres, and Peace River.
- Ocala Area: Catch a show at the Ocala Civic Theatre, take a glass-bottom boat ride at Silver Springs, stop by Silver River Museum, admire the architecture in the Ocala Historic District, bring out your artistic side with a visit to the Appleton Museum, wander around Sholom Park, and head over to Marion Country Museum of History & Archaeology for a historical encounter – Ocala Area has got everything for you.
- Sebastian: Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge is a great destination for wildlife viewing and fishing. Established in 1903, the National Wildlife Refuge is the first refuge in the country of its kind. Visitors can immerse themselves in the breathtaking sunrises and outstanding sunsets. If you love the contemporary museum, head to Riverview Park for a free concert. For people who love craft beer, Pareidolia Brewing Company is the place to go.
- Sarasota: We would recommend you to carry your favorite book when visiting Sarasota. It is home to one of the most laid-back beaches in the United States. Sierra Key Beach is without a doubt a fascinating place to lie back on the beach recliners and enjoy reading. Rothenback Park can be taken into consideration for wildlife viewing and deer spotting. Amongst the most notable attractions in the city are the Ringling Museum of Art, Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, etc.
- Greater Tampa Area: Why is Tampa getting popular with mature adults? Tampa boasts endless opportunities for superannuated people to engage in fun activities with families. It is here that seniors would find numerous activities to challenge their brains and stay physically fit. Here, you get to take in a show at the Straz Center, nature walks in Brooker Creek Preserve, indulge in light exercise, and partake in wellness programs.
- Naples: Naples is recognized for its relaxed atmosphere. There are white-sand beaches for a perfect day. Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary is known for guided tours. Sign-up for one and go on exploring everything that the sanctuary offers. Go fishing at Barefoot Beach Preserve or prefer a manatee sightseeing tour, and keep an eye on alligators and dolphins. At the Naples Preserve, you have excellent walking and BBQ opportunities. The nature parks and preserves in Naples are ideal for socializing.
- West Palm Beach: If your grandfather has a penchant for golf, West Palm Beach should be the place to holiday. Palm Beach, often called as Florida’s Golf Capital is one of the most preferred venues for senior people. From the lively downtown to the tranquil beaches, they have got everything to savor and relish.
- Vero Beach: Expecting too much crowd is a myth here. Rendering a small town feel, Vero Beach is known for its mellowness. Vero Beach Museum of Art is admired for cultural arts facility on Treasure Coast of Florida. Look at the galleries displaying national and international exhibitions. Take your grandpa to the sculpture parks with large-scale works. Amongst other notable places to take a tour are St. Lucie County Aquarium, Manatee Observation and Education Center, and the National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum.
- Greater Miami Area: 60 is just a number, and those say adventure is not for you, prove them wrong by visiting Miami and trying your hands at all the popular outdoor activities including walking, hiking, biking, golfing, meditation, and yoga. There is no denying the fact that Miami is power-packed with culture and adventure. Moreover, you enjoy various health benefits when you engage yourself in these outdoor activities. It will surely lower the risk of depression, stress, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, and arthritis.
- Orlando Theme Parks: Why should the teens and young have all the fun? The theme parks of Orlando can give mature visitors an adrenaline rush. For visitors who are wheelchair ridden can take advantage of electric convenience or wheelchair vehicles. Most Disney parks have such facilities for senior visitors.
- Everglades: Seek America the Beautiful Senior Pass and get entry to all recreation areas, national parks, and national wildlife refuge at a discounted rate. This pass is available to people who are above 62 years. When you avail the pass, why not explore the largest subtropical wilderness of America – the Everglades National Park.
There should not be any discrepancy while booking the best place to stay in Florida for your father. Florida vacation homes, located in the tranquil and friendly neighborhoods, seems to be the most suitable choice. Most vacation rentals in Florida by Search Florida Rentals have wheelchair facilities for senior citizens. Browse through our properties and book a perfect stay fitting your requirements.