An Introduction to Florida
Florida is not just another vacation destination. Famed as the Sunshine State in the United States, it is an amalgamation of fast-paced life where vibrant nightlife is complemented by the pristine sandy beaches and verdant mountain ranges. Looks like a peninsula, thanks to the Atlantic Ocean to the east and the Gulf of Mexico to the west, Florida takes pride in the longest coastline in America. The south-easternmost state boasts hundreds of miles of immaculate golden sandy beaches promising never-ending beach activities. Above all, a vacation to Florida can get as unique as renting a Florida holiday home. From booking an opulent apartment in the heart of Miami to spending a day in the cottage in Everglades, there is no dearth of finding the best Florida vacation rentals.
Top-rated Florida Attractions
Florida is insanely diverse - vacationers struggle to find a place to sit back and relax at the South Beach or in Panama City Beach and wetlands like the Everglades where crocs outnumber people. In the heart of the glorious state resides Orlando, famed for the home to Walt Disney World. Head to Florida Panhandle to unwind worries in the extravagant resorts or prefer strolling down the streets of the lively towns of Panama City and Destin or simply relish the magnificent vistas of the blue emerald waters rolling over the unspoiled shores, thus earning the name of the region – the Emerald Coast.
- SeaWorld Orlando: Splash and slide, climb and dive, and relax and unwind – SeaWorld Orland brings to you endless fun opportunities. Much like the world famous Disney World, the SeaWorld Orlando amusement park has shows and exhibitions to entertain its visitors. The classic dolphin and whale shows are the main highlights. For adventure junkies, the park has some of the most challenging rides (the Journey of Atlantis and Mako) in store. In 2017, the park witnessed whopping number visitors, thus ranked amongst 11th most visited amusement park in the US. Climb aboard the raft to brave the thrilling river rides, snorkel with tropical fish, swim with dolphins and sunbath on sandy beaches.
- Disney World: Not just overseas travelers but locals too can’t resist the fairy tale! Yes, we are talking about the fairyland – Walt Disney World. Almost everyone is well-acquainted with Florida’s this gem, Disney World. It is the most popular attraction, owing to its magical atmosphere and vibrant vibe. For vacationers who are yet to exchange their simple lives for fancy characters, castles, and princesses taken out of storybooks and for some ultimate amusement park experience, this should be the destination. The magic of Walt Disney World is only glowing over the decades.
- World-class Beaches: Wake up to the sounds of roaring waves and the glaring sun, Florida promises a fun-filled day on the beach for every visitor. With more than 800 miles of impeccable shorelines, the state has no dearth of flagship beaches. From the Florida Keys to the Panhandle, kick off your flip-flops only to explore the sun-drenched beaches or maybe get immersed in most sought-after water sports. These Florida beaches – South Beach, Sanibel Island, Atlantic Beach, Clearwater Beach, Siesta Key, and Key West - should be on your bucket-list for their vibrant nightlife, unique architecture, great food, awesome weather, romantic strolls, and adventure.
- Kennedy Space Center: One of ten National Aeronautics and Space Administration field centers, Kennedy Space Center (KSF), otherwise called as John F. Kennedy Space Center, originally known as the NASA Launch Operations Center, is a must-see attraction for kids. However, visitors of all age group will find plenty of amazing things for an engaging experience. Set on Florida’s Space Coast, KSF is one of the most exciting, pulsating, interesting, and educational attractions.
- Everglades National Park: The largest tropical wilderness in the country, Everglades National Park plays a pivotal role in protecting the southern 20% of the original Everglades in Florida. A network of marshes or swamps (saturated lands), the park was first designed to shield a fragile ecosystem. Today, it provides shelter for a variety of flora and fauna such as Florida panthers, manatees, turtles, American crocodiles, alligators, river otters, egrets, etc. It is home to 36 endangered species, 50 species of reptiles, 40 species of mammals, 300 species of saltwater and freshwater fish, and 350 species of birds. Travelers looking for outdoor activities may count on bicycling, bird watching, boating, camping, kayaking & canoeing, fishing, hiking, etc.
- Universal Studios: Want an adrenaline rush? Trust Universal Studios for an unforgettable experience. Another amusement park but not an ordinary one! Here at Universal Studios, hand on tight as you will be transported to jaw-dropping adventures. Where’s your camera? Get it ready because the park has many famous characters waiting to be clicked. At Universal Studios, things just get real!
Top-rated Florida Vacation Destinations
Sun, surf and sand – Florida has it all. The Sunshine State brags about its diverse destinations ideal for family vacationers, adventure junkies, luxury-seekers and beach lovers. With plenty of options to choose from, it is indeed hard to pick the best getaway for an ideal Florida vacation.
- Miami: Miami is just not about ocean surf, sandy beaches, and palm trees, it flourishes in every way. The tropical paradise has turned into an international getaway for aristocrats, celebrities, and artists. Tourists are aesthetically lured into Miami’s growing fashion industry, entertainment, sizzling nightlife, flagship beaches, and commercial hubs.
- Panama City Beach: Besides the sugary white sandy beaches stretch for miles and emerald green waters offering alluring water sports, Panama City Beach fetches numerous ecotourism adventures such as the Shell Island, Gayle’s Trails greenways and Camp Helen State Park. To some, it is a great spring break hotspot. Book advance ticket to skip the ticket line for Ripley’s Believe it or Not, be first in line for the sea lion show as you book tickets for Gulf World Marine Park, or enjoy the Hurricane roller coaster at the Race City Amusement Park.
- Daytona Beach: What makes Daytona Beach an irresistible vacation getaway for all types of travelers? The intriguing emerald blue waters and more than 23 miles of immaculate beaches! The water is just suitable for surfing, kayaking and more. Go out with friends to catch something for dinner on the Daytona Beach Pier. If your teenage kid loves speed and wishes to experience what it feels like going at 145mph, Daytona International Speedway should be the place.
- Tampa: Busch Gardens, Museum of Science and Industry, Tampa Zoo at Lowry Park, Henry B Plant Museum, Florida Aquarium, Big Cat Rescue, Glazer Children’s Museum, Tampa Theatre, Tampa Electric Manatee Viewing Center at Apollo Beach, Tampa Bay History Center, Ybor City and Sunshine Skyway are the top-notch attractions in Tampa. Whether you have the entire day to yourself or a few hours, the city of Tampa will not let you sit idle. It has tons of thrills under its belt.
- Florida Keys: A string of tropical islands, the Florida Keys are a perfect venue for boating, scuba diving, snorkeling, and fishing. Spreading more than 120 miles off the southern tip of Florida, between the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean, the Florida Keys draws over a million travelers to relish Mallory Square’s nightly Sunset Celebration, the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, and Duval Street’s many bars.
Try Best/ Fresh Seafood
Your trip to Florida is incomplete without sampling its fresh seafood. From its slender barrier islands to fabled keys and from big culinary cities to fishing villages, Florida is replete with endless cafes and restaurants serving the best seafood. To name a few, there are J.B.'s Fish Camp & Seafood, the Back Porch Seafood & Oyster House, Schooners, Boon Docks Restaurant, Boss Oyster and Dewey Destin Seafood Restaurant.
Florida is a year-round vacation destination. Whether you are seeking a beach getaway or a luxury vacation right in the heart of Disney Area, booking a Florida vacation rental well-in-advance will surely be an unwinding experience.